Granite Bay High School Celebrates 3 State Championships
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
GRANITE BAY (CBS13) – They were singing in the rain Friday night, as Granite Bay High School celebrated their state champions.
They were screaming in the rain as confetti danced next to rain drops, and fell on the shoulders of state champions.
They’re number one in three out of the seven possible state titles, golf, cross country, and of course, football.
“Tonight is one of those nights you could only dream about,” football Coach Ernie Cooper said.
It wasn’t tough to drum-up support for the champs, even on a stormy night, where umbrellas were up and so were the spirits.
“It feels awesome,” said one student.
Reliving an awesome moment warmed the hearts on a chilly night, a 21 to 20 victory in the state title game. The scoreboard lit up the night with a reminder this was a season to remember.
“The things that this does for the school, we’re talking about respect for the kids, for the community, and just being able to acknowledge all the hard work that we’ve done,” said Assistant Principal Brian McNulty.
Hard work was honored as the wind howled, and the rain mixed with tears of joy. Christmas certainly came early.