2.4 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Bay Area
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MILPITAS (CBS SF) — An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.4 struck near Milpitas Tuesday afternoon, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The temblor struck at 12:29 p.m. with its epicenter about 7 miles northeast of Milpitas.
The quake had a depth of about 4.7 miles, according to the USGS.