Downed Power Pole Closes Nevada County Highway
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – A Nevada County road was shut down after an accident involving two trucks left a power pole down across the lanes.
The accident happened just after 7:00 a.m. on Highway 20 at Interstate 80 near Grass Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says a truck traveling on Highway 20 slipped on ice and and went off the road hitting the power pole sending it crashing back into the roadway.
A truck driving in the opposite directions on Highway 20 could not avoid the falling power pole and lines causing it to also crash.
Crews are working to clear the roadway but there is currently no estimated time of reopening.
Four people were riding in one of the trucks and two in the other. No one was hurt.