Downed Power Pole Closes Nevada County Highway
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – A Nevada County road was shut down after an accident involving two trucks left a power pole down across the lanes.
The accident happened just after 7:00 a.m. on Highway 20 at Interstate 80 near Grass Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says a truck traveling on Highway 20 slipped on ice and and went off the road hitting the power pole sending it crashing back into the roadway.
A truck driving in the opposite directions on Highway 20 could not avoid the falling power pole and lines causing it to also crash.
Crews are working to clear the roadway but there is currently no estimated time of reopening.
Four people were riding in one of the trucks and two in the other. No one was hurt.