Downed Power Pole Closes Nevada County Highway
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) – A Nevada County road was shut down after an accident involving two trucks left a power pole down across the lanes.
The accident happened just after 7:00 a.m. on Highway 20 at Interstate 80 near Grass Valley.
The California Highway Patrol says a truck traveling on Highway 20 slipped on ice and and went off the road hitting the power pole sending it crashing back into the roadway.
A truck driving in the opposite directions on Highway 20 could not avoid the falling power pole and lines causing it to also crash.
Crews are working to clear the roadway but there is currently no estimated time of reopening.
Four people were riding in one of the trucks and two in the other. No one was hurt.