Woman Set On Fire In LA As She Sleeps On Bench
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire who was sleeping on a Los Angeles bus stop bench.
Authorities said the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police said the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman who had been sleeping on a bench before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a donut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.