Woman Set On Fire In LA As She Sleeps On Bench
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire who was sleeping on a Los Angeles bus stop bench.
Authorities said the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police said the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman who had been sleeping on a bench before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a donut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.