Woman Set On Fire In LA As She Sleeps On Bench
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire who was sleeping on a Los Angeles bus stop bench.
Authorities said the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police said the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman who had been sleeping on a bench before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a donut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.