Woman Set On Fire In LA As She Sleeps On Bench
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire who was sleeping on a Los Angeles bus stop bench.
Authorities said the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police said the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman who had been sleeping on a bench before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a donut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.