Woman Set On Fire In LA As She Sleeps On Bench
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire who was sleeping on a Los Angeles bus stop bench.
Authorities said the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police said the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman who had been sleeping on a bench before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a donut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.