1 Dead In Crash After CHP Traffic Stop In Oakland
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — One person is dead and at least two others injured after the driver of a BMW pulled over by the California Highway Patrol in Oakland fled and crashed into another vehicle.
That vehicle was carrying four people. A young woman in the back seat died. The two others who were hurt were also in that vehicle.
The California Highway Patrol says the crash occurred late Thursday night after the driver of the BMW was pulled over on suspicion of speeding. They say he fled and the officers lost sight of him. He crashed about a minute later.
He was arrested after the crash. Authorities, however, are still looking for a passenger in his vehicle.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.