1 Dead In Crash After CHP Traffic Stop In Oakland
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — One person is dead and at least two others injured after the driver of a BMW pulled over by the California Highway Patrol in Oakland fled and crashed into another vehicle.
That vehicle was carrying four people. A young woman in the back seat died. The two others who were hurt were also in that vehicle.
The California Highway Patrol says the crash occurred late Thursday night after the driver of the BMW was pulled over on suspicion of speeding. They say he fled and the officers lost sight of him. He crashed about a minute later.
He was arrested after the crash. Authorities, however, are still looking for a passenger in his vehicle.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.