Woodland Man Attacked With Machete
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland man and his friend are recovering from a machete attack overnight.
Between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Joseph Mendoza, 24, was at the Woodland Oaks apartments on Cottonwood Street when he was hit on the head by a young man carrying a machete, say police.
Mendoza’s friend fought off the attacker. Mendoza was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where he is expected to recover.
The friend suffered an injury to his hand, but is also expected to be OK.
The suspect is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, 140 pounds, and was wearing a white hooded jacket and dark jeans.