Woodland Man Attacked With Machete
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland man and his friend are recovering from a machete attack overnight.
Between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Joseph Mendoza, 24, was at the Woodland Oaks apartments on Cottonwood Street when he was hit on the head by a young man carrying a machete, say police.
Mendoza’s friend fought off the attacker. Mendoza was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where he is expected to recover.
The friend suffered an injury to his hand, but is also expected to be OK.
The suspect is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, 140 pounds, and was wearing a white hooded jacket and dark jeans.