Woodland Man Attacked With Machete
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland man and his friend are recovering from a machete attack overnight.
Between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Joseph Mendoza, 24, was at the Woodland Oaks apartments on Cottonwood Street when he was hit on the head by a young man carrying a machete, say police.
Mendoza’s friend fought off the attacker. Mendoza was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where he is expected to recover.
The friend suffered an injury to his hand, but is also expected to be OK.
The suspect is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, 140 pounds, and was wearing a white hooded jacket and dark jeans.