Woodland Man Attacked With Machete
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland man and his friend are recovering from a machete attack overnight.
Between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Joseph Mendoza, 24, was at the Woodland Oaks apartments on Cottonwood Street when he was hit on the head by a young man carrying a machete, say police.
Mendoza’s friend fought off the attacker. Mendoza was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where he is expected to recover.
The friend suffered an injury to his hand, but is also expected to be OK.
The suspect is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, 140 pounds, and was wearing a white hooded jacket and dark jeans.