Woodland Man Attacked With Machete
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland man and his friend are recovering from a machete attack overnight.
Between 1 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Joseph Mendoza, 24, was at the Woodland Oaks apartments on Cottonwood Street when he was hit on the head by a young man carrying a machete, say police.
Mendoza’s friend fought off the attacker. Mendoza was taken to Woodland Memorial Hospital where he is expected to recover.
The friend suffered an injury to his hand, but is also expected to be OK.
The suspect is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-6, 140 pounds, and was wearing a white hooded jacket and dark jeans.