Alcohol Suspected In Foothills Boulevard Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Part of Foothills Boulevard was shut down in Roseville after a violent crash sent two people to the hospital.
Roseville police are investigating a major injury collision on Foothills Boulevard south of McAnally Drive that happened around 7:40 p.m. Friday.
An officer driving north on the street witnessed a speeding Toyota Avalon headed southbound. As the officer made a u-turn to pursue the vehicle, the officer found that the Avalon had collided with a Dodge van pulling out of a shopping center. The Toyota ended up on a landscaping embankment in front of the shopping center.
The driver of the Toyota, a 23-year-old Sacramento woman, was taken to the hospital by ambulance with life-threatening injuries. Her passenger, a 19-year-old Sacramento man, was also taken to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Fortunately the 59-year-old male driver of the van was unharmed.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor, police say.