Alcohol Suspected In Foothills Boulevard Crash
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Part of Foothills Boulevard was shut down in Roseville after a violent crash sent two people to the hospital.
Roseville police are investigating a major injury collision on Foothills Boulevard south of McAnally Drive that happened around 7:40 p.m. Friday.
An officer driving north on the street witnessed a speeding Toyota Avalon headed southbound. As the officer made a u-turn to pursue the vehicle, the officer found that the Avalon had collided with a Dodge van pulling out of a shopping center. The Toyota ended up on a landscaping embankment in front of the shopping center.
The driver of the Toyota, a 23-year-old Sacramento woman, was taken to the hospital by ambulance with life-threatening injuries. Her passenger, a 19-year-old Sacramento man, was also taken to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Fortunately the 59-year-old male driver of the van was unharmed.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor, police say.