UPDATED: Suspects In Fatal Citrus Heights Officer-Involved Shooting Identified
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A suspect in an officer-involved shooting in Citrus Heights died after a confrontation early Thursday morning.
Police say it was just after 2 a.m. when officers responded to a suspicious person in a vehicle in the 8000 block of Debbie Ann Court off Glen Alta Way after a 911 call.
An officer and 20-year-old Hunter Todd got into a confrontation when Todd ignored the officer’s commands to show his hands, say police. He then jumped into his vehicle and was aggressively reaching for something. At that point, the officer feared for his safety and shot the suspect.
An investigation revealed weapons were hidden where Todd was reaching.
He would later die at the hospital.
Nearby police found a second suspect, 36-year-old Richard Duran, in a vehicle that didn’t belong to him. He was arrested on charges of auto theft, burglary, and two Sacramento County warrants.
No one else was hurt in this ongoing investigation.