UPDATED: Suspects In Fatal Citrus Heights Officer-Involved Shooting Identified
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A suspect in an officer-involved shooting in Citrus Heights died after a confrontation early Thursday morning.
Police say it was just after 2 a.m. when officers responded to a suspicious person in a vehicle in the 8000 block of Debbie Ann Court off Glen Alta Way after a 911 call.
An officer and 20-year-old Hunter Todd got into a confrontation when Todd ignored the officer’s commands to show his hands, say police. He then jumped into his vehicle and was aggressively reaching for something. At that point, the officer feared for his safety and shot the suspect.
An investigation revealed weapons were hidden where Todd was reaching.
He would later die at the hospital.
Nearby police found a second suspect, 36-year-old Richard Duran, in a vehicle that didn’t belong to him. He was arrested on charges of auto theft, burglary, and two Sacramento County warrants.
No one else was hurt in this ongoing investigation.