Giants Fans Swarm City Hall For Chance To See World Series Trophies
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento area fans of the San Francisco Giants were treated with a showing of the team’s World Series trophies Tuesday at City Hall.
In line since 8 a.m. earned Debra Wells one of the first spots at a snapshot .
“It was so quick,” she said. “It was awesome, definitely worth it, always remember it. It was great.”
Done in a flash but it was like winning her own World Series seeing the Giants’ trophies in honor of her late father
“Today is January 8, the birthday of my father,” she said. “He was a Giants fan. I grew up going to Candlestick, so I felt I had to come out here in honor of my dad.”
Hayden Evans’ father, Neil, also stood in line since 8 a.m. so his 8-year-old son could see the trophies.
“It’s awesome,” Hayden said.
“I’m very happy for him to get his picture w the trophy,” Neil said.
Many people waited more than six hours to see the 2010 and 2012 trophies.
The emotions and excitement surrounded City Hall as it turned into a swarm of orange and black.
“This is the Giants. We won the World Series,” Victoria Alcisto said. “It’s a big deal.”
Sacramento was one of 50 locations throughout the state on the trophies’ tour before they make it back to San Francisco.