Men Reportedly Hide Stolen Booze, DVDs In Baby’s Stroller
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men who reportedly used a baby to try and conceal stolen merchandise are under arrest.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies arrested 26-year-old Danny Williams, who is the father of the little girl, and 31-year-old Deaire Jeffries on Tuesday afternoon.
Deputies responded to a call of a shoplifting in progress at the CVS pharmacy in the 3300 block of Zinfandel Drive. Employees say the two men left the store after paying for one item but had stuffed other merchandise in the baby’s stroller.
Deputies found the suspects a short distance away from the store. Several stolen DVDs and bottles of alcohol were recovered hidden in the stroller, according to deputies.
Williams and Jeffries were booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of burglary and child endangerment.
The baby was taken into protective custody.