Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends In Crash Off Interstate 5 In Natomas
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMEMNTO (CBS13) – A pursuit of a stolen vehicle ended when the driver crashed the car in the Natomas area Wednesday morning.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies were pursuing the car when it crashed at the Arena Boulevard exit off Interstate 5 at about 11 a.m. The chase started on Interstate 80 near Longview Boulevard and reached speeds of up to 90 mph.
The car crashed into a Raley’s truck, then caught fire briefly, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The female driver was taken into custody and was not seriously injured, he said.
Gesselle Givens, 28, was booked for car theft, possession of stolen property, felony evasion of a peace officer, and false impersonation, all felonies.
Fire crews were called out to clean up oil spilling into a storm drain as a result of the crash.