Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends In Crash Off Interstate 5 In Natomas
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMEMNTO (CBS13) – A pursuit of a stolen vehicle ended when the driver crashed the car in the Natomas area Wednesday morning.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies were pursuing the car when it crashed at the Arena Boulevard exit off Interstate 5 at about 11 a.m. The chase started on Interstate 80 near Longview Boulevard and reached speeds of up to 90 mph.
The car crashed into a Raley’s truck, then caught fire briefly, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The female driver was taken into custody and was not seriously injured, he said.
Gesselle Givens, 28, was booked for car theft, possession of stolen property, felony evasion of a peace officer, and false impersonation, all felonies.
Fire crews were called out to clean up oil spilling into a storm drain as a result of the crash.