Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends In Crash Off Interstate 5 In Natomas
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMEMNTO (CBS13) – A pursuit of a stolen vehicle ended when the driver crashed the car in the Natomas area Wednesday morning.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies were pursuing the car when it crashed at the Arena Boulevard exit off Interstate 5 at about 11 a.m. The chase started on Interstate 80 near Longview Boulevard and reached speeds of up to 90 mph.
The car crashed into a Raley’s truck, then caught fire briefly, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The female driver was taken into custody and was not seriously injured, he said.
Gesselle Givens, 28, was booked for car theft, possession of stolen property, felony evasion of a peace officer, and false impersonation, all felonies.
Fire crews were called out to clean up oil spilling into a storm drain as a result of the crash.