Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends In Crash Off Interstate 5 In Natomas
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMEMNTO (CBS13) – A pursuit of a stolen vehicle ended when the driver crashed the car in the Natomas area Wednesday morning.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies were pursuing the car when it crashed at the Arena Boulevard exit off Interstate 5 at about 11 a.m. The chase started on Interstate 80 near Longview Boulevard and reached speeds of up to 90 mph.
The car crashed into a Raley’s truck, then caught fire briefly, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The female driver was taken into custody and was not seriously injured, he said.
Gesselle Givens, 28, was booked for car theft, possession of stolen property, felony evasion of a peace officer, and false impersonation, all felonies.
Fire crews were called out to clean up oil spilling into a storm drain as a result of the crash.