Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends In Crash Off Interstate 5 In Natomas
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMEMNTO (CBS13) – A pursuit of a stolen vehicle ended when the driver crashed the car in the Natomas area Wednesday morning.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies were pursuing the car when it crashed at the Arena Boulevard exit off Interstate 5 at about 11 a.m. The chase started on Interstate 80 near Longview Boulevard and reached speeds of up to 90 mph.
The car crashed into a Raley’s truck, then caught fire briefly, according to Sgt. Jason Ramos.
The female driver was taken into custody and was not seriously injured, he said.
Gesselle Givens, 28, was booked for car theft, possession of stolen property, felony evasion of a peace officer, and false impersonation, all felonies.
Fire crews were called out to clean up oil spilling into a storm drain as a result of the crash.