Woman Shot In Midtown Sacramento During Attempted Robbery
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A day after a packed crowd attended a meeting with Sacramento police to discuss increased violence in the midtown area, a woman was shot there in an attempted robbery Friday night.
According to police, the woman was approached in the 800 block of 27th Street at H Street at about 10:30 p.m. by a suspect who grabbed her purse. When she refused to let go, the suspect shot her in the upper body, police said.
The woman was transported to a local hospital. Her condition wasn’t known.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s, 5-foot-9, 180 pounds, with a mustache and goatee. He was reportedly wearing a long-sleeve red shirt and blue jeans.