Woman Shot In Midtown Sacramento During Attempted Robbery
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A day after a packed crowd attended a meeting with Sacramento police to discuss increased violence in the midtown area, a woman was shot there in an attempted robbery Friday night.
According to police, the woman was approached in the 800 block of 27th Street at H Street at about 10:30 p.m. by a suspect who grabbed her purse. When she refused to let go, the suspect shot her in the upper body, police said.
The woman was transported to a local hospital. Her condition wasn’t known.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s, 5-foot-9, 180 pounds, with a mustache and goatee. He was reportedly wearing a long-sleeve red shirt and blue jeans.