Woman Shot In Midtown Sacramento During Attempted Robbery
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A day after a packed crowd attended a meeting with Sacramento police to discuss increased violence in the midtown area, a woman was shot there in an attempted robbery Friday night.
According to police, the woman was approached in the 800 block of 27th Street at H Street at about 10:30 p.m. by a suspect who grabbed her purse. When she refused to let go, the suspect shot her in the upper body, police said.
The woman was transported to a local hospital. Her condition wasn’t known.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his early 20s, 5-foot-9, 180 pounds, with a mustache and goatee. He was reportedly wearing a long-sleeve red shirt and blue jeans.