Suspect Driving Stolen Car Killed In Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – One suspect is dead following a chase and crash in Sacramento.
The chase started at Belden Street and Acacia Avenue at 12:38 p.m. after police ran the plates of a white Honda Civic and it came up stolen, says Sacramento police spokesperson Michelle Gigante. Police tried to pull over the vehicle using lights and sirens, but it didn’t stop, and was hit by another vehicle at the intersection of Clay Street and El Camino Avenue and smashed into a pole.
The suspect was killed. Two people in the other vehicle are expected to recover.
El Camino Avenue between Taft and Lexington Streets was closed.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information on this stolen vehicle case or any witnesses to the collision to contact the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357), or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Correction: It was originally reported a dog was also killed in the crash, but police now say a dog was not killed.