Suspect Driving Stolen Car Killed In Crash
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – One suspect is dead following a chase and crash in Sacramento.
The chase started at Belden Street and Acacia Avenue at 12:38 p.m. after police ran the plates of a white Honda Civic and it came up stolen, says Sacramento police spokesperson Michelle Gigante. Police tried to pull over the vehicle using lights and sirens, but it didn’t stop, and was hit by another vehicle at the intersection of Clay Street and El Camino Avenue and smashed into a pole.
The suspect was killed. Two people in the other vehicle are expected to recover.
El Camino Avenue between Taft and Lexington Streets was closed.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information on this stolen vehicle case or any witnesses to the collision to contact the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357), or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Correction: It was originally reported a dog was also killed in the crash, but police now say a dog was not killed.