Suspect Driving Stolen Car Killed In Crash
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – One suspect is dead following a chase and crash in Sacramento.
The chase started at Belden Street and Acacia Avenue at 12:38 p.m. after police ran the plates of a white Honda Civic and it came up stolen, says Sacramento police spokesperson Michelle Gigante. Police tried to pull over the vehicle using lights and sirens, but it didn’t stop, and was hit by another vehicle at the intersection of Clay Street and El Camino Avenue and smashed into a pole.
The suspect was killed. Two people in the other vehicle are expected to recover.
El Camino Avenue between Taft and Lexington Streets was closed.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information on this stolen vehicle case or any witnesses to the collision to contact the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357), or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
Correction: It was originally reported a dog was also killed in the crash, but police now say a dog was not killed.