Cold Air Pattern Continues Until Later In The Week
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
We are locked into a weather pattern with cold air coming from Alaska. It’s much colder in California than it usually is at this time of the year.
A freeze warning was in effect until 9 a.m. that covered the bay area, the delta region, and the Central Valley all the way up past Chico.
Temperatures have been in the 20s for hours and will continue to be so until 9 a.m. In many locations that aren’t as breezy as they were yesterday, we’re running about 10 degrees colder than this time yesterday.
Wind is coming in from the northeast, which is rare. The coldest weather is now moving east towards the Rockies and the plains states. Things will moderate through the rest of the week.
We’ll have another sunny afternoon today with temperatures in the mid 50s. Look for temperatures to rise by a few degrees each day this week. It’ll still be chilly in the morning for the rest of the week, with temperatures in the 30s.