Placerville Woman Accused Of Killing Husband To Appear In Court Today
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – A woman accused of killing her husband in their Placerville home will be back in court Wednesday afternoon.
Colleen Harris is scheduled to be arraigned in the shooting death of her husband Robert Harris. The hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m.
This is the second time Colleen Harris, 70, is facing murder charges in the death of a husband.
She was acquitted in 1986 of murdering then husband James Batten in the same home on Wilderness Way where Robert Harris was shot to death.
Harris’ defense argued in her first trial that she was mentally and physically abused by her husband and she said she didn’t remember shooting him. A psychiatrist said she suffered from partial amensia.
Friends have also said her shooting of Robert Harris, 72, was an act of self-defense.
She’s being held without bail in the El Dorado County Jail.