Placerville Woman Accused Of Killing Husband To Appear In Court Today
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – A woman accused of killing her husband in their Placerville home will be back in court Wednesday afternoon.
Colleen Harris is scheduled to be arraigned in the shooting death of her husband Robert Harris. The hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m.
This is the second time Colleen Harris, 70, is facing murder charges in the death of a husband.
She was acquitted in 1986 of murdering then husband James Batten in the same home on Wilderness Way where Robert Harris was shot to death.
Harris’ defense argued in her first trial that she was mentally and physically abused by her husband and she said she didn’t remember shooting him. A psychiatrist said she suffered from partial amensia.
Friends have also said her shooting of Robert Harris, 72, was an act of self-defense.
She’s being held without bail in the El Dorado County Jail.