Suspect Arrested In Shooting Death Of Modesto Teen Earlier This Month
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A suspect was arrested Wednesday morning in the murder of a 17-year-old boy earlier this month in west Modesto.
Stanislaus County sheriff’s detectives and the Modesto Police Department SWAT team served a search warrant in the 900 block of Snead Drive at 8:30 a.m. They arrested Richard Lionheart Teputepu, 19, of Modesto.
He came out of the residence peacefully, the sheriff’s office said.
Teputepu is a suspect in the shooting death of Marty Kent, who was standing in his front yard at 911 Leon Avenue on Jan. 2 when he was gunned down.
There was reportedly a fight at the home before the shooting. Teputepu is not believed to be the only suspect in the homicide.