Placerville Teen Arrested In Stabbing Death Of Auburn Man
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – An El Dorado County teen has been arrested in connection with the stabbing death of an Auburn man.
El Dorado County deputies were called Wednesday afternoon to the area of Brown’s Road and Springs Road just north of Placerville for reports of a fight and stabbing. They were told the suspect ran away.
They arrived to find witnesses and residents trying to give medical aid to the victim, 20-year-old Matthew Steele of Auburn. Paramedics took Steele to Marshall Hospital where he later died.
Deputies investigated and learned the stabbing suspect was 18-year-old Wesley Hampshire of Placerville and located him at his home on Brown’s Road.
He was booked into the County Jail on one charge of murder.
The investigation into what led to the fight and stabbing continues.