UPDATED: Air Force Plane Crashes Near Yuba Airport
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OLIVEHURST (CBS13) – Authorities responded to Yuba County Airport Saturday afternoon after a plane crashed shortly after takeoff.
A Cessna 172 single-engine plane crashed around 4 p.m. about 1,000 yards from the end of the runway, and landed upside down at the south end of the airport near Skyway Drive, authorities say. A grass fire was ignited as a result of the crash but was quickly extinguished.
Olivehurst Fire Department officials say one person was injured, while another was able to walk away from the scene.
The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating this accident. It is not yet known what caused the plane to crash.
The persons involved have been identified at this time.
According to Federal Aviation Administration registration records, the plane is owned by the United States Air Force.