Services Set For Galt Officer Killed By Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
GALT, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say the public is invited to attend funeral services for a Galt police officer who was shot and killed in the line of duty earlier this week.
Officials say the funeral for Kevin Tonn is set to begin at 11:00 a.m. Monday at the Adventure Christian Church in Roseville.
Following the services at the church, a funeral procession to Sierra Hills Memorial Park & East Lawn Mortuary is planned.
After the procession and graveside service, there will be a reception held at the Citrus Heights Community Center.
Tonn was shot when he went to question a possible suspect who fit the description of a burglar police were looking for a little before noon Wednesday.
Authorities say the gunman — 30-year-old Humphrey Kenneth Gascon Jr. — then shot and killed himself.
Galt police say the 35-year-old Tonn was a 3 1/2-year veteran of the department.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.)