Services Set For Galt Officer Killed By Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
GALT, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say the public is invited to attend funeral services for a Galt police officer who was shot and killed in the line of duty earlier this week.
Officials say the funeral for Kevin Tonn is set to begin at 11:00 a.m. Monday at the Adventure Christian Church in Roseville.
Following the services at the church, a funeral procession to Sierra Hills Memorial Park & East Lawn Mortuary is planned.
After the procession and graveside service, there will be a reception held at the Citrus Heights Community Center.
Tonn was shot when he went to question a possible suspect who fit the description of a burglar police were looking for a little before noon Wednesday.
Authorities say the gunman — 30-year-old Humphrey Kenneth Gascon Jr. — then shot and killed himself.
Galt police say the 35-year-old Tonn was a 3 1/2-year veteran of the department.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.)