Sunny Weekend, Freezing Nights
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While clear and dry conditions are making for sunny and mild days this weekend, overnight low temperatures continue to keep much of our area in the deep freeze.
Low temperatures in the Sacramento and northern San Joaquin Valley’s will likely hit the freezing mark once again early Sunday morning. It will mark the 11th consecutive day of low temperatures at, or below, freezing at Sacramento Executive Airport and in Stockton; and, this will be the 10th consecutive freezing morning for Modesto.
In the foothills, an inversion of warm air aloft has been keeping overnight temperatures much milder – in the 40s and even 50s the past few nights.
Sunny skies will help boost high temperatures into the low 60s Sunday and Monday afternoon across the valley and foothills, almost 10 degrees above normal for this time of year.
It looks like clouds won’t be rolling in until the middle of the week, which will cool high temperatures on Wednesday, but help keep those overnight lows above freezing.