Sunny Weekend, Freezing Nights
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While clear and dry conditions are making for sunny and mild days this weekend, overnight low temperatures continue to keep much of our area in the deep freeze.
Low temperatures in the Sacramento and northern San Joaquin Valley’s will likely hit the freezing mark once again early Sunday morning. It will mark the 11th consecutive day of low temperatures at, or below, freezing at Sacramento Executive Airport and in Stockton; and, this will be the 10th consecutive freezing morning for Modesto.
In the foothills, an inversion of warm air aloft has been keeping overnight temperatures much milder – in the 40s and even 50s the past few nights.
Sunny skies will help boost high temperatures into the low 60s Sunday and Monday afternoon across the valley and foothills, almost 10 degrees above normal for this time of year.
It looks like clouds won’t be rolling in until the middle of the week, which will cool high temperatures on Wednesday, but help keep those overnight lows above freezing.