Sunny Weekend, Freezing Nights
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While clear and dry conditions are making for sunny and mild days this weekend, overnight low temperatures continue to keep much of our area in the deep freeze.
Low temperatures in the Sacramento and northern San Joaquin Valley’s will likely hit the freezing mark once again early Sunday morning. It will mark the 11th consecutive day of low temperatures at, or below, freezing at Sacramento Executive Airport and in Stockton; and, this will be the 10th consecutive freezing morning for Modesto.
In the foothills, an inversion of warm air aloft has been keeping overnight temperatures much milder – in the 40s and even 50s the past few nights.
Sunny skies will help boost high temperatures into the low 60s Sunday and Monday afternoon across the valley and foothills, almost 10 degrees above normal for this time of year.
It looks like clouds won’t be rolling in until the middle of the week, which will cool high temperatures on Wednesday, but help keep those overnight lows above freezing.