Sunny Weekend, Freezing Nights
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While clear and dry conditions are making for sunny and mild days this weekend, overnight low temperatures continue to keep much of our area in the deep freeze.
Low temperatures in the Sacramento and northern San Joaquin Valley’s will likely hit the freezing mark once again early Sunday morning. It will mark the 11th consecutive day of low temperatures at, or below, freezing at Sacramento Executive Airport and in Stockton; and, this will be the 10th consecutive freezing morning for Modesto.
In the foothills, an inversion of warm air aloft has been keeping overnight temperatures much milder – in the 40s and even 50s the past few nights.
Sunny skies will help boost high temperatures into the low 60s Sunday and Monday afternoon across the valley and foothills, almost 10 degrees above normal for this time of year.
It looks like clouds won’t be rolling in until the middle of the week, which will cool high temperatures on Wednesday, but help keep those overnight lows above freezing.