5 Train Cars Derailed In Colfax
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – Firefighters responded to the scene of a derailed train in Placer County Sunday morning.
A Union Pacific freight train derailed at the Colfax train depot on Railroad Street just before 11 a.m. Authorities do not know what caused the derailment, which caused five cars to come of the tracks.
The derailed cars are not believed to have been carrying hazardous materials. However, one of the cars was leaking an unknown fluid, so the Placer County Central Region Haz Mat team was called to the scene.
One hundred residences and businesses were evacuated from the area, but no injuries were reported.