5 Train Cars Derailed In Colfax
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
COLFAX (CBS13) – Firefighters responded to the scene of a derailed train in Placer County Sunday morning.
A Union Pacific freight train derailed at the Colfax train depot on Railroad Street just before 11 a.m. Authorities do not know what caused the derailment, which caused five cars to come of the tracks.
The derailed cars are not believed to have been carrying hazardous materials. However, one of the cars was leaking an unknown fluid, so the Placer County Central Region Haz Mat team was called to the scene.
One hundred residences and businesses were evacuated from the area, but no injuries were reported.