5 Train Cars Derailed In Colfax
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
COLFAX (CBS13) – Firefighters responded to the scene of a derailed train in Placer County Sunday morning.
A Union Pacific freight train derailed at the Colfax train depot on Railroad Street just before 11 a.m. Authorities do not know what caused the derailment, which caused five cars to come of the tracks.
The derailed cars are not believed to have been carrying hazardous materials. However, one of the cars was leaking an unknown fluid, so the Placer County Central Region Haz Mat team was called to the scene.
One hundred residences and businesses were evacuated from the area, but no injuries were reported.