5 Train Cars Derailed In Colfax
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – Firefighters responded to the scene of a derailed train in Placer County Sunday morning.
A Union Pacific freight train derailed at the Colfax train depot on Railroad Street just before 11 a.m. Authorities do not know what caused the derailment, which caused five cars to come of the tracks.
The derailed cars are not believed to have been carrying hazardous materials. However, one of the cars was leaking an unknown fluid, so the Placer County Central Region Haz Mat team was called to the scene.
One hundred residences and businesses were evacuated from the area, but no injuries were reported.