5 Train Cars Derailed In Colfax
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
COLFAX (CBS13) – Firefighters responded to the scene of a derailed train in Placer County Sunday morning.
A Union Pacific freight train derailed at the Colfax train depot on Railroad Street just before 11 a.m. Authorities do not know what caused the derailment, which caused five cars to come of the tracks.
The derailed cars are not believed to have been carrying hazardous materials. However, one of the cars was leaking an unknown fluid, so the Placer County Central Region Haz Mat team was called to the scene.
One hundred residences and businesses were evacuated from the area, but no injuries were reported.