Woodland Homeowner Restrains Alleged Burglar Until Police Arrive
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland homeowner fought back and held down an alleged burglar until police arrived.
Police responded to a possible fight Saturday near the intersection of Fourth Street and Lincoln Avenue. However, upon arrival, officers say the homeowner had 55-year-old Michael Gabriel Luna pinned down on the sidewalk.
The homeowner told police he saw Luna stealing numerous power tools from his backyard detached garage. Luna was allegedly hauling away the stolen property in an empty garbage tote.
A search warrant was served at Luna’s residence in the 700 block of Sixth Street, where investigators say they recovered $4,000 worth of tools and construction equipment belonging to the victim.
After being treated for injuries related to the altercation with the victim, Luna was booked at Yolo County Jail for burglary.
Anyone with additional information is encouraged to call the Woodland Police Department at (530) 661-7800.