Woodland Homeowner Restrains Alleged Burglar Until Police Arrive
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A Woodland homeowner fought back and held down an alleged burglar until police arrived.
Police responded to a possible fight Saturday near the intersection of Fourth Street and Lincoln Avenue. However, upon arrival, officers say the homeowner had 55-year-old Michael Gabriel Luna pinned down on the sidewalk.
The homeowner told police he saw Luna stealing numerous power tools from his backyard detached garage. Luna was allegedly hauling away the stolen property in an empty garbage tote.
A search warrant was served at Luna’s residence in the 700 block of Sixth Street, where investigators say they recovered $4,000 worth of tools and construction equipment belonging to the victim.
After being treated for injuries related to the altercation with the victim, Luna was booked at Yolo County Jail for burglary.
Anyone with additional information is encouraged to call the Woodland Police Department at (530) 661-7800.