Crash Into Power Pole Closes Greenback Lane In Orangevale
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – Traffic was backed up on a busy commuter road in Orangevale early Tuesday morning after a crash knocked down a power pole, knocking out power to area businesses.
The accident happened at Greenback Lane and Chestnut Avenue at around 6 a.m.
CHP officers say a driver in a Toyota Tundra may have fallen asleep and drifted into another lane, hitting another driver’s truck.
The vehicles smashed into a power pole, knocking lines down into the roadway. The Tundra suffered extensive front-end damage and the other vehicle flipped onto its side in the roadway.
SMUD crews were called out to repair the pole and at least one lane is expected to be blocked for several hours. A transformer exploded and area businesses were without power.
The driver of the Tundra required the “Jaws of Life” to be rescued from the truck and was unconscious when rescue workers arrived, the CHP said, but he’s expected to be OK. Both drivers were taken to the hospital. Their names weren’t released.