Crash Into Power Pole Closes Greenback Lane In Orangevale
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – Traffic was backed up on a busy commuter road in Orangevale early Tuesday morning after a crash knocked down a power pole, knocking out power to area businesses.
The accident happened at Greenback Lane and Chestnut Avenue at around 6 a.m.
CHP officers say a driver in a Toyota Tundra may have fallen asleep and drifted into another lane, hitting another driver’s truck.
The vehicles smashed into a power pole, knocking lines down into the roadway. The Tundra suffered extensive front-end damage and the other vehicle flipped onto its side in the roadway.
SMUD crews were called out to repair the pole and at least one lane is expected to be blocked for several hours. A transformer exploded and area businesses were without power.
The driver of the Tundra required the “Jaws of Life” to be rescued from the truck and was unconscious when rescue workers arrived, the CHP said, but he’s expected to be OK. Both drivers were taken to the hospital. Their names weren’t released.