Crash Into Power Pole Closes Greenback Lane In Orangevale
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – Traffic was backed up on a busy commuter road in Orangevale early Tuesday morning after a crash knocked down a power pole, knocking out power to area businesses.
The accident happened at Greenback Lane and Chestnut Avenue at around 6 a.m.
CHP officers say a driver in a Toyota Tundra may have fallen asleep and drifted into another lane, hitting another driver’s truck.
The vehicles smashed into a power pole, knocking lines down into the roadway. The Tundra suffered extensive front-end damage and the other vehicle flipped onto its side in the roadway.
SMUD crews were called out to repair the pole and at least one lane is expected to be blocked for several hours. A transformer exploded and area businesses were without power.
The driver of the Tundra required the “Jaws of Life” to be rescued from the truck and was unconscious when rescue workers arrived, the CHP said, but he’s expected to be OK. Both drivers were taken to the hospital. Their names weren’t released.