Report: Man Fights With Sacramento Police Officers After Assaulting Girlfriend
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man fought with officers and punched one in the face after they responded to a domestic violence call.
According to a Sacramento Police incident report, officers responded to a home in the 5900 block of Laguna Ranch Circle in the Valey Hi neighborhood at 11:15 p.m. on reports of domestic violence. A woman said her boyfriend physically assaulted her. She had visible injuries, police said.
When officers attempted to handcuff David Lopez, 41, he fought with them and punched one of the officers in the face, police said.
During the ensuing struggle, officers used a stun gun to subdue Lopez and take him into custody.
Lopez was transported to an area hospital as a precaution, medically cleared and booked into the Sacramento County Jail for multiple charges, including assault on an officer.