Report: Man Fights With Sacramento Police Officers After Assaulting Girlfriend
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man fought with officers and punched one in the face after they responded to a domestic violence call.
According to a Sacramento Police incident report, officers responded to a home in the 5900 block of Laguna Ranch Circle in the Valey Hi neighborhood at 11:15 p.m. on reports of domestic violence. A woman said her boyfriend physically assaulted her. She had visible injuries, police said.
When officers attempted to handcuff David Lopez, 41, he fought with them and punched one of the officers in the face, police said.
During the ensuing struggle, officers used a stun gun to subdue Lopez and take him into custody.
Lopez was transported to an area hospital as a precaution, medically cleared and booked into the Sacramento County Jail for multiple charges, including assault on an officer.