Man Reportedly Takes Barbell To Sacramento Police, Fire Vehicles
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A 32-year-old man smashed out windows of fire and police vehicles and had to be subdued with a stun gun and beanbag rounds in Sacramento on Thursday.
Fire personnel on a medical call requested police assistance in the 8200 block of Arroyo Vista Dr. at about 2:43 p.m. after the suspect, Vanthon Som, started swinging a large barbell at them and breaking windows of their fire truck. The truck’s exterior was also reportedly damaged.
When the first police officer arrived, Som reportedly smashed out the back window of her patrol car. Additional officers arrived and used the stun gun and beanbag rounds to take Som into custody.
He was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries and then booked into the county jail on charges of resisting arrest, assault with a deadly weapon and vandalism. He’s ineligible for bail on an immigration hold. Som is scheduled to be in court on Friday.
No officers or firefighters were injured during the incident.