Mother, Daughter Found Dead In Frozen-Over Pond
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PINE GROVE (CBS13) – A mom and daughter were found dead in the frigid waters of an iced-over pond in Amador County.
The mom and daughter hadn’t been seen since Monday; then Thursday, dive teams and canines from Amador and El Dorado counties found the pair in a pond east of Ione and Jackson in the small town of Pine Grove, not far from their home.
On Tuesday, a deputy was dispatched to conduct a welfare check of the residents at 14130 Spring Canyon Lane, Pine Grove, as they had not been seen by neighbors all day. Upon arrival, the deputy did not observe anything suspicious at the home.
Later that evening, a neighbor reported that the residents had not been seen and the animals on the property had not been tended. The neighbor said he checked the property and found a large hole in the iced over pond north of the residence.
On Thursday morning, investigators began an aerial search along with dive teams after canines showed interest in the pond.
Divers located and recovered the bodies of 5-year-old Amelia Noelle Arago and her mother, 46-year-old Karen Diane Anderson. The mother and daughter were located about 30 feet from the shore water 8 feet deep and 38 degrees.
Investigators say foul play is not suspected. The coroner’s office will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death.