Mother, Daughter Found Dead In Frozen-Over Pond
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
PINE GROVE (CBS13) – A mom and daughter were found dead in the frigid waters of an iced-over pond in Amador County.
The mom and daughter hadn’t been seen since Monday; then Thursday, dive teams and canines from Amador and El Dorado counties found the pair in a pond east of Ione and Jackson in the small town of Pine Grove, not far from their home.
On Tuesday, a deputy was dispatched to conduct a welfare check of the residents at 14130 Spring Canyon Lane, Pine Grove, as they had not been seen by neighbors all day. Upon arrival, the deputy did not observe anything suspicious at the home.
Later that evening, a neighbor reported that the residents had not been seen and the animals on the property had not been tended. The neighbor said he checked the property and found a large hole in the iced over pond north of the residence.
On Thursday morning, investigators began an aerial search along with dive teams after canines showed interest in the pond.
Divers located and recovered the bodies of 5-year-old Amelia Noelle Arago and her mother, 46-year-old Karen Diane Anderson. The mother and daughter were located about 30 feet from the shore water 8 feet deep and 38 degrees.
Investigators say foul play is not suspected. The coroner’s office will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause of death.