3.1 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 3.1-magnitude earthquake hit in the Fairfield area on Friday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake hit 1 mile southwest of Fairfield at 9:38 a.m.
According to the Richter scale, an earthquake between 3.01 and 3.9 magnitude is often felt by at least some people, but very rarely causes damage. Shaking of indoor objects can be noticeable near the epicenter.