3.1 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 3.1-magnitude earthquake hit in the Fairfield area on Friday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake hit 1 mile southwest of Fairfield at 9:38 a.m.
According to the Richter scale, an earthquake between 3.01 and 3.9 magnitude is often felt by at least some people, but very rarely causes damage. Shaking of indoor objects can be noticeable near the epicenter.