3.1 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 3.1-magnitude earthquake hit in the Fairfield area on Friday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake hit 1 mile southwest of Fairfield at 9:38 a.m.
According to the Richter scale, an earthquake between 3.01 and 3.9 magnitude is often felt by at least some people, but very rarely causes damage. Shaking of indoor objects can be noticeable near the epicenter.