3.1 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 3.1-magnitude earthquake hit in the Fairfield area on Friday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake hit 1 mile southwest of Fairfield at 9:38 a.m.
According to the Richter scale, an earthquake between 3.01 and 3.9 magnitude is often felt by at least some people, but very rarely causes damage. Shaking of indoor objects can be noticeable near the epicenter.