3.1 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Near Fairfield
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – A 3.1-magnitude earthquake hit in the Fairfield area on Friday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake hit 1 mile southwest of Fairfield at 9:38 a.m.
According to the Richter scale, an earthquake between 3.01 and 3.9 magnitude is often felt by at least some people, but very rarely causes damage. Shaking of indoor objects can be noticeable near the epicenter.