Man Shot In North Highlands; Suspect Arrested
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – A suspect has been taken into custody after a shooting in North Highlands overnight.
Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies found the suspect after a victim was taken to the hospital for a gunshot wound to the head.
“It was like thunder. Bam, bam, bam!” neighbor Shameer Shafiq said. “Roughly about 10 shots. It was crazy.”
Detectives say Brandon Butler got into a fight with a man in the middle of the street on Widener Way, then shot him in the head.
“I feel like my safety is in jeopardy,” neighbor Garrett Watson said.
Remarkable, the victim is expected to survive. Butler is now in custody and facing more charges. Investigators say he’s connected to a robbery and assault that happened Thursday night.
“That makes me want to get out of here, honestly,” Watson said. “It makes me not want to live here anymore.”
More than one neighbor is feeling the same way.
“Very scary,” Shafiq said. “Makes you think. Kind of crazy out there.”
The neighborhood had returned to normal Friday morning after sheriff’s deputies investigated for around three hours.