Man Shot In North Highlands; Suspect Arrested
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) – A suspect has been taken into custody after a shooting in North Highlands overnight.
Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies found the suspect after a victim was taken to the hospital for a gunshot wound to the head.
“It was like thunder. Bam, bam, bam!” neighbor Shameer Shafiq said. “Roughly about 10 shots. It was crazy.”
Detectives say Brandon Butler got into a fight with a man in the middle of the street on Widener Way, then shot him in the head.
“I feel like my safety is in jeopardy,” neighbor Garrett Watson said.
Remarkable, the victim is expected to survive. Butler is now in custody and facing more charges. Investigators say he’s connected to a robbery and assault that happened Thursday night.
“That makes me want to get out of here, honestly,” Watson said. “It makes me not want to live here anymore.”
More than one neighbor is feeling the same way.
“Very scary,” Shafiq said. “Makes you think. Kind of crazy out there.”
The neighborhood had returned to normal Friday morning after sheriff’s deputies investigated for around three hours.