Police Arrest Neighbor For Murder Of 94-Year-Old Yuba City Woman
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Police arrested a suspect in the suspicious death of an elderly woman found deceased inside her Yuba City home Wednesday morning.
Friday evening, Yuba City police arrested 20-year-old Michael Patrick Alexander for the murder of his next door neighbor, 94-year-old Leola Shreves.
“She’s a nice lady. I don’t know her by name, but she is a really nice person,” Alexander told CBS13 on Wednesday, before he was suspected of the gruesome crime.
Investigators believe he had a conversation with his elderly neighbor, and sometime during the night, broke into Shreves’ home. At that point, it is believed Alexander brutally attacked Shreves and killed her.
Evidence was recovered from Alexander’s residence linking him to the murder, with robbery believed to be the motive, police say.
Alexander has been booked into Sutter County jail on charges of murder, robbery, burglary, aggravated assault and mayhem.