Police Arrest Neighbor For Murder Of 94-Year-Old Yuba City Woman
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Police arrested a suspect in the suspicious death of an elderly woman found deceased inside her Yuba City home Wednesday morning.
Friday evening, Yuba City police arrested 20-year-old Michael Patrick Alexander for the murder of his next door neighbor, 94-year-old Leola Shreves.
“She’s a nice lady. I don’t know her by name, but she is a really nice person,” Alexander told CBS13 on Wednesday, before he was suspected of the gruesome crime.
Investigators believe he had a conversation with his elderly neighbor, and sometime during the night, broke into Shreves’ home. At that point, it is believed Alexander brutally attacked Shreves and killed her.
Evidence was recovered from Alexander’s residence linking him to the murder, with robbery believed to be the motive, police say.
Alexander has been booked into Sutter County jail on charges of murder, robbery, burglary, aggravated assault and mayhem.