Woman Allegedly Robs Manteca Bank During Test Drive (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
“She slipped a note to the teller and told her to give her money, and nobody would get hurt,” the elderly man said.
With about $2,000 in hand, the woman jumped in the car and the pair took off. The senior citizen didn’t know he was behind the wheel of the accused bank robber’s getaway car.
After a short drive, he realized something was wrong.
“She says ‘don’t open the door, I got a gun,’ ” he said.
Officers swarmed the car just a few feet from his driveway.
“They had their guns drawn as soon as they got out of the door, automatic shotguns, pistols, rifles,” the elderly man said.
With his hands up, the elderly man surrendered.
“I could have got killed right there; they could have shot me,” he said.
It didn’t take long for police to realize the elderly man was the victim, and they quickly cuffed Castle.
“I think she’s sick, I do think she’s sick,” he said.
Castle goes before a judge Tuesday.