UPDATE: Oakdale Police Officer Shot At; 2 Suspects In Custody
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
OAKDALE (CBS13) – A massive law enforcement presence swarmed into Oakdale on Tuesday evening after reports of shots fired at an officer.
Up to 100 officers from at least four outside agencies, including the Modesto Police Department and Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department, came in to the small town of about 21,000 to assist with what some initially thought was an officer shot.
In fact, one suspect fired a single round and no officer was hit.
“From what I can tell right now it, looks like there was a miscommunication further down the line, not from our dispatch,” Oakdale Police Chief Lester Jenkins said of the mixup.
A large perimeter spanning 25 square blocks was set up around Oakdale High School to search for the suspects and both were eventually taken into custody, the first at 6:10 p.m. and the second at 9:10.
An open house had to be canceled at the high school and athletes returning from games were re-routed away from the school.
The initial call for police was triggered when someone reported a shotgun wrapped up and two suspects in a possible robbery. The shotgun has been seized by police.