Body Of Missing Twain Harte F-16 Pilot Found In Adriatic Sea
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROME (AP) – The body of a U.S. Air Force pilot whose F-16 fighter jet went missing Monday during a nighttime training mission has been found in the Adriatic Sea.
The family of Capt. Lucas Gruenther said his body was found on Thursday afternoon.
Italian rescue teams were joined by F-16s in the search for Gruenther, and earlier in the week recovered debris believed to belong to his aircraft.
In a statement, the Gruenther family thanked “the many people who volunteered their time and resources to help bring Luc home.”
Gruenther was a captain with the 31st Fighter Wing, based at Aviano Air Base in Italy. The Air Force declined to give his age.
Gruenther is from Twain Harte and graduated from Summerville High School, where he met his wife. She is expecting the couple’s first child.