Body Of Missing Twain Harte F-16 Pilot Found In Adriatic Sea
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ROME (AP) – The body of a U.S. Air Force pilot whose F-16 fighter jet went missing Monday during a nighttime training mission has been found in the Adriatic Sea.
The family of Capt. Lucas Gruenther said his body was found on Thursday afternoon.
Italian rescue teams were joined by F-16s in the search for Gruenther, and earlier in the week recovered debris believed to belong to his aircraft.
In a statement, the Gruenther family thanked “the many people who volunteered their time and resources to help bring Luc home.”
Gruenther was a captain with the 31st Fighter Wing, based at Aviano Air Base in Italy. The Air Force declined to give his age.
Gruenther is from Twain Harte and graduated from Summerville High School, where he met his wife. She is expecting the couple’s first child.