Body Of Missing Twain Harte F-16 Pilot Found In Adriatic Sea
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROME (AP) – The body of a U.S. Air Force pilot whose F-16 fighter jet went missing Monday during a nighttime training mission has been found in the Adriatic Sea.
The family of Capt. Lucas Gruenther said his body was found on Thursday afternoon.
Italian rescue teams were joined by F-16s in the search for Gruenther, and earlier in the week recovered debris believed to belong to his aircraft.
In a statement, the Gruenther family thanked “the many people who volunteered their time and resources to help bring Luc home.”
Gruenther was a captain with the 31st Fighter Wing, based at Aviano Air Base in Italy. The Air Force declined to give his age.
Gruenther is from Twain Harte and graduated from Summerville High School, where he met his wife. She is expecting the couple’s first child.