Alert Neighbor Tips Off Modesto Police To Burglary Suspects
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – An alert Modesto resident helped police catch two burglars in the act on Friday morning.
The resident called 911 at about 9:30 after noticing a Mazda minivan parked in a neighbor’s driveway and seeing two male suspects exit the vehicle and go into the backyard of a different residence in the 1900 block of Cielito Drive.
Officers arrived and were able to surround the house while both suspects were still inside the residence. While officers were outside the house, both suspects left the house with stolen property and were arrested without incidence.
Cristian Zamora, 18, of Modesto was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail charges of residential burglary, participation in a criminal street gang, and violating violation.
A 17-year-old Modesto resident was charged with the same crimes and booked into juvenile hall.
Police say the two had made preparations to take two flat-screen TVs, a laptop computer, a safe, a PlayStation game console and several video games. When they left the home, they had jewelry and cellphones.
All the property was recovered and returned to the owners.