Citrus Heights Thai Restaurant Robbed At Gunpoint
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – Patrons at a Citrus Heights Thai restaurants had their dinners violently interrupted by armed robbers Thursday night.
Three gunmen wearing ski mask entered the Star of Siam restaurant at 6029 Greenback Lane shortly before 9 p.m., according to Citrus Heights police. They ordered all the customers to get under their tables and hand over their wallets, purses and phones.
The suspects also took money from the restaurant’s cash register.
Two children were in the restaurant when the robbers struck. No one was injured.
“They did comply with the robbers’ orders. They did get on the ground, and that’s what we tell people in these situations, ‘do not be a hero,'” Citrus Heights police Officer Bryan Frisch said.
The restaurant is in a mini mall and police were checking neighboring businesses for any surveillance video. They don’t have good description of the robbers because of the ski masks.