Two Teenage Boys Arrested In Sacramento Gang-Related Murder
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento Police Department has arrested two teenager boys for a January gang murder.
On Jan. 17 at about 12:44 p.m., police responded to the 3100 block of 39th Street regarding reports of a shooting. Officers located 19-year-old Anthony Navarro suffering from what appeared to be multiple gunshot wounds. Navarro was transported by emergency medical personnel to an area hospital where he died.
Sacramento police detectives tracked one suspect to Southern California where he was taken into custody Jan. 29, by the Palm Springs Police Department. The 16-year-old boy was extradited back to Sacramento where he was booked into juvenile hall.
Detectives located and arrested the second homicide suspect on Tuesday. The 15-year-old taken into custody in the 3300 block of 20th Avenue in Sacramento.
Homicide detectives are actively investigating the gang shooting and are still looking into the possibility of others involved.
The Sacramento Police Department asks anyone with to call Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.