Suspect, Girlfriend Arrested In Sacramento Stabbing Death, Apartment Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento Police Department has arrested a suspect for murder and his girlfriend as an accessory after a man’s body was found in an apartment fire last week.
David Acuna, 29, was arrested Wednesday for the death of Patrick Kendrick, 32, whose body was found inside the apartment in the 3700 block of Norwood Avenue on Feb. 1.
Firefighters found the body and called police, who suspected homicide because of the obvious signs of trauma to Kendrick’s upper body.
Detectives learned that Acuna and the victim were known to each other and had been involved in an argument just prior Kendrick’s death. Acuna is believed to have stabbed Kendrick and set fire to his residence.
Officers located and arrested Acuna on Wednesday morning at his apartment in the 1400 block of Brewerton Drive and found him in need of immediate medical treatment for severe burn wounds, presumably from the apartment fire at Kendrick’s residence.
Officers also located Acuna’s girlfriend, Guadalupe Cabrera, 30, who they believe was involved in Kendrick’s death. Cabrera was taken into custody for accessory to murder and arson to an inhabited structure.
Acuna is currently being treated at a local hospital for his burn injuries.