Suspect, Girlfriend Arrested In Sacramento Stabbing Death, Apartment Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento Police Department has arrested a suspect for murder and his girlfriend as an accessory after a man’s body was found in an apartment fire last week.
David Acuna, 29, was arrested Wednesday for the death of Patrick Kendrick, 32, whose body was found inside the apartment in the 3700 block of Norwood Avenue on Feb. 1.
Firefighters found the body and called police, who suspected homicide because of the obvious signs of trauma to Kendrick’s upper body.
Detectives learned that Acuna and the victim were known to each other and had been involved in an argument just prior Kendrick’s death. Acuna is believed to have stabbed Kendrick and set fire to his residence.
Officers located and arrested Acuna on Wednesday morning at his apartment in the 1400 block of Brewerton Drive and found him in need of immediate medical treatment for severe burn wounds, presumably from the apartment fire at Kendrick’s residence.
Officers also located Acuna’s girlfriend, Guadalupe Cabrera, 30, who they believe was involved in Kendrick’s death. Cabrera was taken into custody for accessory to murder and arson to an inhabited structure.
Acuna is currently being treated at a local hospital for his burn injuries.