Officers Searching For Modesto Assailant Attacking Women Exercising
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO (CBS13) – A man is attacking women in broad daylight as they are exercising.
Modesto police stopped a man who fit the general description of a serial groper. However, after questioning him, it appeared he as not their suspect.
“It’s scary. Nobody wants to go running and have this happen to them,” said Brandon Bush.
Officers are out in full force, looking for the man targeting women who are exercising alone on the Virginia Corridor path.
The first attack happened in January. A was woman running along the path and noticed a man behind her. Moments later he caught up to her and attacked, wrapping his arms around the woman and groping her. She yelled, broke free and called for help. A few hours later, now dark outside, police say another woman reported the same kind of attack.
“It’s concerning. Every time I run, I run this path,” said Sara Berger.
The third incident happened Tuesday evening. Someone called 911 after seeing a man following women on the trail.
“I think residents need to be vigilant. Everyone has to look for everyone else. If you see something suspicious, you should report it. Don’t be afraid to call police or 911,” said Bush.
Residents say that is exactly what they are planning on doing, and even going as far as arming themselves with things like pepper spray.