Officers Searching For Modesto Assailant Attacking Women Exercising
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A man is attacking women in broad daylight as they are exercising.
Modesto police stopped a man who fit the general description of a serial groper. However, after questioning him, it appeared he as not their suspect.
“It’s scary. Nobody wants to go running and have this happen to them,” said Brandon Bush.
Officers are out in full force, looking for the man targeting women who are exercising alone on the Virginia Corridor path.
The first attack happened in January. A was woman running along the path and noticed a man behind her. Moments later he caught up to her and attacked, wrapping his arms around the woman and groping her. She yelled, broke free and called for help. A few hours later, now dark outside, police say another woman reported the same kind of attack.
“It’s concerning. Every time I run, I run this path,” said Sara Berger.
The third incident happened Tuesday evening. Someone called 911 after seeing a man following women on the trail.
“I think residents need to be vigilant. Everyone has to look for everyone else. If you see something suspicious, you should report it. Don’t be afraid to call police or 911,” said Bush.
Residents say that is exactly what they are planning on doing, and even going as far as arming themselves with things like pepper spray.