Support Growing For Former L.A. Officer Accused Of Killing Spree (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
Another comment read, “He is god for now and I support him and this page.”
“Most people would be shocked and appalled that people would support this,” said Sid Martinez, assistant professor of sociology at Sacramento State.
However, Martinez is not surprised by the outpouring of support. He points to a long history of distrust and tension between parts of Southern California and the police as the motivation behind the movement. Some see Dorner’s actions as a sick kind of justice.
“So, to see someone kill police officers, they may see this as a kind of way of standing against oppressive force,” said Martinez.
A number of fake Twitter accounts have popped up and are only adding to debate, which some still find surprising.