Support Growing For Former L.A. Officer Accused Of Killing Spree (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
Another comment read, “He is god for now and I support him and this page.”
“Most people would be shocked and appalled that people would support this,” said Sid Martinez, assistant professor of sociology at Sacramento State.
However, Martinez is not surprised by the outpouring of support. He points to a long history of distrust and tension between parts of Southern California and the police as the motivation behind the movement. Some see Dorner’s actions as a sick kind of justice.
“So, to see someone kill police officers, they may see this as a kind of way of standing against oppressive force,” said Martinez.
A number of fake Twitter accounts have popped up and are only adding to debate, which some still find surprising.