Craigslist Post Helps Police Bust Eureka Man On Marijuana Charges
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) – A Craigslist posting led to the arrest of a Eureka man looking to trade marijuana for a boat.
On Friday, Oroville police conducted an investigation after responding to a Oroville Craigslist post listing a boat in trade for marijuana, or a partial trade for marijuana and cash.
Officers contacted 33-year-old Eureka resident Billy Jack Pierce III, who later agreed to respond to Oroville to sell marijuana for an agreed upon weight and dollar amount.
Around 5 p.m., officers arrested Pierce near the frisbee golf course at Riverbend Park.
Police found Pierce in possession of approximately 3 pounds of processed marijuana.
Pierce claimed to possess and trade marijuana for medical purposes, but police said he was outside the Butte County guidelines and parameters of Prop 215.
Police arrested Pierce and booked him into Butte County Jail on charges of selling and possessing marijuana for sale, and the solicitation of drugs for sale. He is being held on $60,000 bail.