Craigslist Post Helps Police Bust Eureka Man On Marijuana Charges
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
OROVILLE (CBS13) – A Craigslist posting led to the arrest of a Eureka man looking to trade marijuana for a boat.
On Friday, Oroville police conducted an investigation after responding to a Oroville Craigslist post listing a boat in trade for marijuana, or a partial trade for marijuana and cash.
Officers contacted 33-year-old Eureka resident Billy Jack Pierce III, who later agreed to respond to Oroville to sell marijuana for an agreed upon weight and dollar amount.
Around 5 p.m., officers arrested Pierce near the frisbee golf course at Riverbend Park.
Police found Pierce in possession of approximately 3 pounds of processed marijuana.
Pierce claimed to possess and trade marijuana for medical purposes, but police said he was outside the Butte County guidelines and parameters of Prop 215.
Police arrested Pierce and booked him into Butte County Jail on charges of selling and possessing marijuana for sale, and the solicitation of drugs for sale. He is being held on $60,000 bail.