Craigslist Post Helps Police Bust Eureka Man On Marijuana Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) – A Craigslist posting led to the arrest of a Eureka man looking to trade marijuana for a boat.
On Friday, Oroville police conducted an investigation after responding to a Oroville Craigslist post listing a boat in trade for marijuana, or a partial trade for marijuana and cash.
Officers contacted 33-year-old Eureka resident Billy Jack Pierce III, who later agreed to respond to Oroville to sell marijuana for an agreed upon weight and dollar amount.
Around 5 p.m., officers arrested Pierce near the frisbee golf course at Riverbend Park.
Police found Pierce in possession of approximately 3 pounds of processed marijuana.
Pierce claimed to possess and trade marijuana for medical purposes, but police said he was outside the Butte County guidelines and parameters of Prop 215.
Police arrested Pierce and booked him into Butte County Jail on charges of selling and possessing marijuana for sale, and the solicitation of drugs for sale. He is being held on $60,000 bail.