Craigslist Post Helps Police Bust Eureka Man On Marijuana Charges
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
OROVILLE (CBS13) – A Craigslist posting led to the arrest of a Eureka man looking to trade marijuana for a boat.
On Friday, Oroville police conducted an investigation after responding to a Oroville Craigslist post listing a boat in trade for marijuana, or a partial trade for marijuana and cash.
Officers contacted 33-year-old Eureka resident Billy Jack Pierce III, who later agreed to respond to Oroville to sell marijuana for an agreed upon weight and dollar amount.
Around 5 p.m., officers arrested Pierce near the frisbee golf course at Riverbend Park.
Police found Pierce in possession of approximately 3 pounds of processed marijuana.
Pierce claimed to possess and trade marijuana for medical purposes, but police said he was outside the Butte County guidelines and parameters of Prop 215.
Police arrested Pierce and booked him into Butte County Jail on charges of selling and possessing marijuana for sale, and the solicitation of drugs for sale. He is being held on $60,000 bail.