Security Measures Elevated In Old Sacramento For Mardi Gras Celebrations
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – There were plenty of beads and booze for the Mardi Gras party in Old Sacramento Saturday night.
However, police were more present on the streets these days after a New Year’s Eve shooting left two people dead.
Police cars were seen lined up outside the bars, and even volunteers like the Guardian Angels were seen walking the streets.
“Anywhere you go, you could have somebody that does something like that; and so you just have to be aware of your surroundings,” partier Flo Gardipee said.
Security guards at the Sports Corner Café, where the shooting happened, were seen using a metal detector on customers as they came in.
The manager confirmed they stepped up security, but others say it’s just business as usual.
“The same we did New Year’s Eve, same security on, same amount of employees, just expecting a very busy, fun, friendly night,” said River City Saloon Owner Sean Derfield.
Police say they did have to make a few arrests but nothing like what happened on New Year’s Eve.