Security Measures Elevated In Old Sacramento For Mardi Gras Celebrations
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – There were plenty of beads and booze for the Mardi Gras party in Old Sacramento Saturday night.
However, police were more present on the streets these days after a New Year’s Eve shooting left two people dead.
Police cars were seen lined up outside the bars, and even volunteers like the Guardian Angels were seen walking the streets.
“Anywhere you go, you could have somebody that does something like that; and so you just have to be aware of your surroundings,” partier Flo Gardipee said.
Security guards at the Sports Corner Café, where the shooting happened, were seen using a metal detector on customers as they came in.
The manager confirmed they stepped up security, but others say it’s just business as usual.
“The same we did New Year’s Eve, same security on, same amount of employees, just expecting a very busy, fun, friendly night,” said River City Saloon Owner Sean Derfield.
Police say they did have to make a few arrests but nothing like what happened on New Year’s Eve.