‘Bad Hat Bandits’ Strike Fourth Sacramento Area Chase Bank
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A fourth Sacramento area bank robbery has been linked to the “Bad Hatter Bandits,” according to the FBI.
On Thursday, one of the Bad Hatter Bandits, the primary suspect, entered Chase Bank located at 4117 Elverta Road in Antelope and presented the teller with a demand note. He wore a tan fedora, dark blue dress shirt, striped tie, oversized eye glasses and black gloves.
The Sacramento Violent Crimes Task Force (SVCTF) is asking for the public’s help to identify this primary suspect and his accomplices. While no weapons were seen during the commission of any of the robberies, the suspects are all considered armed and dangerous, the FBI said Monday.
The primary suspect is black, between 5-foot-7 and 5-9, with a small build. His attire has been different for each robbery but he frequently wears business attire, carries a leather folio and wears one of a variety of hats, including fedoras.
A second suspect accompanied the primary suspect into the bank during a robbery in Sacramento on Jan. 29. He approached the teller and told her that he had a weapon.
According to witnesses, additional accomplices have been seen in the Bad Hatter Bandits’ getaway vehicles. To date, all vehicles used for the commission of the robberies have been stolen and a different vehicle was used for each robbery.
To date, the Bad Hatter Bandits have robbed the following four Sacramento area Chase Bank locations:
- 3501 Del Paso Road, Sacramento on Nov. 29;
- 1800 Douglas Boulevard, Roseville on Jan. 10;
- 3501 Del Paso Road, Sacramento on Jan. 29,;
- 4117 Elverta Road, Antelope on Feb. 7
The robberies are being investigated by the SVCTF, FBI, Roseville Police Department, Sacramento Police Department and Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to contact the FBI in Sacramento at (916) 481-9110, Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, Roseville Crime Stoppers at (916) 783-7867, the Roseville Police Department or Sacramento Police Department.