ESPN Selects UC Davis For Its ‘Wild Card’ Game
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A UC Davis men’s basketball home game has been selected for a nationally televised broadcast next month, ESPN announced on Monday.
The Aggies will host Long Beach State at The Pavilion on Thursday, March 7, and the Big West Conference matchup will be televised live on ESPN2.
Chosen by the network as its “Wild Card” game, ESPN2 will begin its broadcast at 8 p.m.
“UC Davis is a hidden gem. If we do our part, we can continue to garner additional attention toward this great community, university and our basketball program,” Aggies coach Jim Les.
The Aggies have been on numerous regional broadcasts since the transition to Division I competition, but ESPN2 will be their first-ever opportunity to compete in front of a national audience on their home court, the school said.
“It is every player’s goal, when they come to a Division I program, to compete in a televised game and show the world what UC Davis is all about,” Les said. “I am excited for the students and the players involved in this opportunity.”
Tickets for all UC Davis home games can be purchased through the “Tickets” link at ucdavisaggies.com, in person at the UC Davis Ticket Office or by phone at (530) 752-2471.