ESPN Selects UC Davis For Its ‘Wild Card’ Game
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
DAVIS (CBS13) – A UC Davis men’s basketball home game has been selected for a nationally televised broadcast next month, ESPN announced on Monday.
The Aggies will host Long Beach State at The Pavilion on Thursday, March 7, and the Big West Conference matchup will be televised live on ESPN2.
Chosen by the network as its “Wild Card” game, ESPN2 will begin its broadcast at 8 p.m.
“UC Davis is a hidden gem. If we do our part, we can continue to garner additional attention toward this great community, university and our basketball program,” Aggies coach Jim Les.
The Aggies have been on numerous regional broadcasts since the transition to Division I competition, but ESPN2 will be their first-ever opportunity to compete in front of a national audience on their home court, the school said.
“It is every player’s goal, when they come to a Division I program, to compete in a televised game and show the world what UC Davis is all about,” Les said. “I am excited for the students and the players involved in this opportunity.”
Tickets for all UC Davis home games can be purchased through the “Tickets” link at ucdavisaggies.com, in person at the UC Davis Ticket Office or by phone at (530) 752-2471.