Man Hit While Trying To Give Aid To Driver Who Crashed On Sacramento Freeway
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – A Good Samaritan is in the hospital Wednesday morning after he was hit by a car while trying to help crash victims on a Sacramento freeway.
A CHP spokesperson says a suspected drunk driver crashed on Business 80 at H Street overnight, and a driver pulled over to help. As the man got out of the car, another car lost control and hit him. He was able to drive off the freeway and call for help.
In total, six cars were smashed in the incident, forcing the closure of all lanes. The extent of the other motorists’ injuries is unknown.
Authorities urge motorists to call 9-1-1 if they see someone in danger on the freeway or if they witness a crash.