Minnesota Long-Haul Trucker Arrested For ‘Sexting’ Olivehurst Girl
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
OLIVEHURST (CBS13) – A Minnesota man has been arrested for “sexting” a 13-year-old Olivehurst girl, according to the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department.
Stephen Edward Kinghorn, 30, a long-haul trucker from Ramsey, Minn., was arrested Wednesday at a trucking company in Willows. He entered a not guilty plea in Yuba County Superior Court on Thursday.
The sheriff’s department was notified in early December of what was believed to be unlawful contact between Kinghorn and the girl, according to Sheriff Steve Durfor. She reportedly admitted that she had been sexting with Kinghorn and he had sent her photographs of his genitals and of him wearing women’s underwear.
A Yuba County detective obtained the girl’s phone and started conversing with Kinghorn via text messages pretending to be the girl. Kinghorn sent more explicit photographs and video of himself despite being told he was communicating with a 13-year-old girl, Durfor said.
Detectives searched Kinghorn and his truck when he was arrested and obtained several key pieces of evidence, Durfor said.
Kinghorn was booked in the Yuba County Jail for distributing harmful matter to a minor and having unlawful contact with a minor. His bail was set at $120,000. He was appointed a public defender Thursday and was scheduled to be back Feb. 27.