Car’s Engine Erupts In Flames On Freeway While Going In For Repairs
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A panicked woman with a baby was forced to pull over when the car she bought days before caught fire on the freeway.
Emma Maddox was driving her Pontiac Grand Prix on Interstate 5 Monday when she says she smelled oil burning and saw smoke pouring out from under the hood. The engine eventually erupted in flames.
Maddox exited from the freeway and quickly got the 1-year-old girl she was babysitting out of the car just before fire spread to the cabin.
“We were going to blow up or something,” said Maddox. “I didn’t know. Whew! Just get out and go. I didn’t think about anything else.”
Emma says she noticed yesterday that the car, which she bought on Saturday, was leaking oil so she called the former owner. He told her to bring the car over and he would help fix the problem. She says she was headed to his place when the incident happened.