Prank Call Triggers Lockdown Of 3 South Sacramento Schools
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A prank call of a shooting led to three south Sacramento schools being put on precautionary lockdown on Wednesday morning, police said.
Burbank High School, Rosa Parks Middle School and Mark Hopkins Elementary School were locked down as police searched the area of Florin Road and 24th Street before determining no shooting had occurred and the call was a prank.
Lockdowns were lifted at Burbank and Rosa Parks but still in effect at Mark Hopkins, 2221 Matson Dr., as police searched for the child who placed the prank call.
The lockdown at Mark Hopkins was lifted at about 11:30 a.m. but the prank caller’s whereabouts were still unknown, police said.