Woman Behind Wendy’s Chili Finger Incident Arrested Again For Lying To Police
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — A Northern California woman convicted of planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy’s chili has been arrested again after police say she made up another tale, this one about a shooting involving her son.
The San Jose Mercury reports that Anna Ayala, the so-called Chili Finger Lady, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of being an accessory to a felony and filing a false police report.
Authorities say she told officers that her son, Guadalupe Reyes, had been shot in the ankle by two unknown people and gave them a detailed description of the assailants. They say she later acknowledged that Reyes had shot himself.
The 26-year-old Reyes, a convicted felon, was not supposed to be in possession of a gun.
Both are scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.