Woman Behind Wendy’s Chili Finger Incident Arrested Again For Lying To Police
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — A Northern California woman convicted of planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy’s chili has been arrested again after police say she made up another tale, this one about a shooting involving her son.
The San Jose Mercury reports that Anna Ayala, the so-called Chili Finger Lady, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of being an accessory to a felony and filing a false police report.
Authorities say she told officers that her son, Guadalupe Reyes, had been shot in the ankle by two unknown people and gave them a detailed description of the assailants. They say she later acknowledged that Reyes had shot himself.
The 26-year-old Reyes, a convicted felon, was not supposed to be in possession of a gun.
Both are scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.