The Grant Napear Show – February 28, 2013
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
Grant was in San Antonio as he was preparing for the Sacramento Kings game against the Spurs on Friday, but his heart was definitely in Sacramento. With Mayor Kevin Johnson preparing to give his State of the City Address to a packed house at Memorial Auditorium, Grant dedicated his show to talking about the major equity investors that could be announced by the Mayor and the impact a downtown arena could have on Sacramento’s economy. Grant took a lot of calls from dedicated Kings fans, as today was set to be an important day for the citizens of Sacramento.
Ryan Lillis of the Sacramento Bee joined Grant to discuss the Mayor’s State of the City Address as it relates to the Kings.
Lillis discussed the magnitude of the Mayor’s speech, the City Manager’s timeline for setting up an arena term sheet, John Kehriotis’ last second interest in buying the Kings, the potential monetization of downtown parking and the importance of thorough journalism with all the reports that have come out regarding the Kings.