Police Calling Body Found In Tuolumne River Suspicious
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) - Modesto police detectives are calling the death of a body found in the Tuolumne River suspicious.
Someone found the body in the river between the 7th Street Bridge and Highway 99 late last night and called 9-1-1, according to Sgt. Rick Applegate of the Modesto Police Department. There was no identification on the body.
An autopsy will be performed on Friday morning, says Applegate.
Anyone with information about how the body died or ended up in the river is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.