Police Calling Body Found In Tuolumne River Suspicious
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) - Modesto police detectives are calling the death of a body found in the Tuolumne River suspicious.
Someone found the body in the river between the 7th Street Bridge and Highway 99 late last night and called 9-1-1, according to Sgt. Rick Applegate of the Modesto Police Department. There was no identification on the body.
An autopsy will be performed on Friday morning, says Applegate.
Anyone with information about how the body died or ended up in the river is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.