Police Calling Body Found In Tuolumne River Suspicious
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) - Modesto police detectives are calling the death of a body found in the Tuolumne River suspicious.
Someone found the body in the river between the 7th Street Bridge and Highway 99 late last night and called 9-1-1, according to Sgt. Rick Applegate of the Modesto Police Department. There was no identification on the body.
An autopsy will be performed on Friday morning, says Applegate.
Anyone with information about how the body died or ended up in the river is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.