Police Calling Body Found In Tuolumne River Suspicious
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) - Modesto police detectives are calling the death of a body found in the Tuolumne River suspicious.
Someone found the body in the river between the 7th Street Bridge and Highway 99 late last night and called 9-1-1, according to Sgt. Rick Applegate of the Modesto Police Department. There was no identification on the body.
An autopsy will be performed on Friday morning, says Applegate.
Anyone with information about how the body died or ended up in the river is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.