Police Calling Body Found In Tuolumne River Suspicious
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MODESTO (CBS13) - Modesto police detectives are calling the death of a body found in the Tuolumne River suspicious.
Someone found the body in the river between the 7th Street Bridge and Highway 99 late last night and called 9-1-1, according to Sgt. Rick Applegate of the Modesto Police Department. There was no identification on the body.
An autopsy will be performed on Friday morning, says Applegate.
Anyone with information about how the body died or ended up in the river is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.