Inmate Found Dead In Northern California Jail
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say an investigation is under way following the death of a 29-year-old inmate at a jail in Northern California.
Marin County Sheriff’s Lt. Craig Scardina said Saturday that the inmate was pronounced dead after he was found unresponsive inside his jail cell on Friday.
Scardina says CPR attempts by Marin County jail personnel and paramedics from the San Rafael Fire Department failed to revive the inmate whose name has not yet been released.
Scardina says the case is being investigated by the Novato Police Department and the Sonoma County Sheriff-Coroner as part of its protocol when a death occurs while an inmate is in custody.
Novato police also did not release any further information on Monday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.